Influenster

Friday, May 29, 2015

Beauty Box 5 Review – May 2015

Beauty Box 5 Review – May 2015 Box

Beauty Box 5 is a monthly beauty and makeup subscription box. It’s also one of the cheapest beauty subscription boxes – only $8.25 a month with an annual subscription. They tend to feature drugstore brands, and usually the product sizes are deluxe or sample size. 

Beauty Box 5 Review – May 2015 Items

The Subscription Box: Beauty Box 5
The Cost: $12 a month (or $10 a month with a 3-month subscription; $8.25 a month with annual subscription)
The Products: 4-5 full size and sample size beauty products.
Ships to: US and Canada

Beauty Box 5 Review – May 2015 Info

Each Beauty Box 5 box comes with an informational card detailing each item in your box for that month.
 
Beauty Box 5 Review – May 2015 Brush

Essenza Luxury Hand Soap in French Lavender – 2 oz Value $1
I actually get excited for hand soap samples in subscription boxes since I like to take them with me anytime I’m staying at a hotel (I prefer liquid hand soap over the standard hotel mini soap bar). And I like lavender too, so this scent works for me.

Coastal Scents Makeup Brush BR-C-s03 – Value $2.50
This is a large eye shadow brush. It’s pretty good quality for the $2.50 retail price too. I always like getting makeup brushes in subscription boxes, so this item is another win.

Beauty Box 5 Review – May 2015 Tweezers

Bio Swiss Stainless Steel Mini Tweezer – Value $5
I’m very particular when it comes to tweezers, and when I saw these had a retail value of $5, I was thinking they probably wouldn’t be that good – and I was right. I like the idea of including tweezers in a subscription box, but this isn’t a good quality product.

Dermalogica Active Moist – .24 oz Value $5.80
This is a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer. I like how quickly it absorbs into my skin, and it is fragrance free!

Beauty Box 5 Review – May 2015 Blush

Styli-Style Blush Highlighter Stick – Value $6
This blush has good pigment and the shade works well for my skin tone. Here is a swatch (just one swipe for this color):
Beauty Box 5 Review – May 2015 Swatch

Verdict: This box has a value of about $20. That’s in the range of what I expect from Beauty Box 5. In general I’m pleased with most of the items in this box, but I wish the tweezers were better quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment