Influenster

Thursday, January 29, 2015

How To Apply Your Skincare Products

New Beauty Must Haves from Neutrogena! Find out what order you should be applying your skincare in!  

I’m more of a kick it into gear type of gal. What I mean by that is since the new year is a time of change I like to make sure my beauty routine and my skincare routine are up to par. Did you know that you could be applying your skincare all wrong and missing out on some key benefits of the products you’re using? I didn’t either until I went to the dermatologist a few years back and heard straight from her what order we need to apply our products in to get the most bang for our buck. In order for our skincare products to work as desired, we need to give them time to absorb and make sure that the order isn’t messing with the absorption.  And today, I’m sharing just how to make it happen!

Neutrogena Naturals Makeup Remover Wipes


I like to start by removing my makeup with the Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes. They’re super gentle and really get to the bottom of all of your makeup and make it a breeze to remove it.

Super easy, and one towelette will get the job done in one easy step. All traces of makeup are gone in about 45 seconds and you’re ready to move on with the rest of your skincare routine. If you’re like me and you like to double cleanse you could add the Neutrogena Rapid Clear Cleanser after you remove your makeup with the wipe.

I think cleansing as the first step is pretty much a no brainer but the rest of the steps and the order they should be applied in is where it can get a bit tricky. I’ve made us all a super easy cheat sheet to follow.


Did you know you can miss out on key benefits by not applying your skincare in the right order? Hang on to this cheat sheet for easy application tips!

After you cleanse, the next product you’re going to want to use is a toner. I love the Neutrogena Pore Refining toner for this step, it’s perfect because it’s not a drying toner so you won’t have to worry about looking super dried out. I use a cotton pad to apply and I let it dry and set in for about a minute before moving on.

After toners, the next two steps are going to be your eye cream and spot treatment, in that order. You could try out the Neutrogena Rapid Dark Circle Repair Eye Cream and the Stubborn Acne Spot Treatment. While I let these sink in I usually brush my teeth or do a little happy dance to wake myself up if it’s the morning. Yes, I really do dance around the bathroom.

In this next step, we’re going to apply any serums that we use. Since serums are usually oil based you want to apply them and let them soak in and set before moving on to any creams. Applying an oil or a gel before a cream moisture ensures that it will absorb into your skin. Next up is our moisturizer.

A moisturizer is super important for your routine. It’s whats going to keep our skin feeling soft and smooth and when applying at night, act as a recovery agent and in the daytime give us a moisturized base to apply makeup to so that we don’t end up looking cake-y


I am loving the Neutrogen Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit oil-free moisturiser. It keeps me super hydrated. Super light weight and oil free so you won’t have to worry about clogging your pores. I apply to my face and neck both day and night in upward and outward circular motions.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Pink Grapefruit Moisturizer

It absorbs quickly & when used daily it helps to reduce and prevent spots and impurities. The fragrance is just a  hint of pink grapefruit and it really leaves you feeling refreshed.


If you’re following this beauty routine at night, you would stop here. If you’re doing this in the morning the final step in your skincare routine is going to be SPF, you definitely want to protect the skin on your face when you’re out during the day. I suggest trying the Cool Dry Sport Sunscreen from Neutrogena. It’s one of my favorites!

Beauty Must Haves with Neutrogena


I picked up my Neutrogena goodies from Target. Do you all have the Cartwheel app? Check it out here for deals on skin care and cosmetics! You can find these and more in your beauty aisles at your local Target!

Neutrogena-At-Target


Have you been applying your skincare all wrong or do you already have your routine nailed down?

No comments:

Post a Comment