Influenster

Thursday, January 29, 2015

New Wet N Wild Silk Finish Lipsticks - Improved Formula & New Shades: Swatches & Review

Wet N Wild recently released a new improved formula of their 99 cent Silk Finish lipsticks with brand new shades. I'm always been a fan of inexpensive lipsticks (and makeup in general), and I feel like Wet N Wild has some of the best-performing inexpensive makeup out there. I found these at CVS and they were 99 cents each. I first bought 5 shades, and then I decided to go back and buy 5 more. When I got the second round, they were buy 2, get 1 free! (I also grabbed some of the newly improved Color Icon Kohl eyeliners.)

The packaging on these is definitely cheap. The lipsticks shake in the containers, and if you're not holding the tube a certain way when applying them, they'll spin back down in their tubes. And they'll also spin up if you don't click them all the way down before putting the lids back on. But like I've always said, if something is going to be short-changed for a cheaper price tag, my pick would be packaging over the product inside!  

These all seem to swatch pretty nicely. There are some frosts, some creams, and even some duochrome shades in the bunch.  

Left to right: Fuchsia with Blue Pearl, Will You Be With Me?, Dark Pink Frost, Dark Wine, Cherry Frost
Left to right: Fuchsia with Blue Pearl, Will You Be With Me?, Dark Pink Frost, Dark Wine, Cherry Frost
Left to right: Fuchsia with Blue Pearl, Will You Be With Me?, Dark Pink Frost, Dark Wine, Cherry Frost

Left to right: Breeze, Pink Ice, Ready to Swoon, 15 Minutes Aflame, What's Up Doc?
Left to right: Breeze, Pink Ice, Ready to Swoon, 15 Minutes Aflame, What's Up Doc?
Left to right: Breeze, Pink Ice, Ready to Swoon, 15 Minutes Aflame, What's Up Doc?

I'd say for 99 cents, these are pretty nice lipsticks. They last a fair amount of time on the lips. I do really enjoy some of the shades, and with such an expensive price tag, they're a great way of adding some fun or different colors into your lipstick collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment