Influenster

Friday, January 23, 2015

Walmart Beauty Box

                              Walmart Beauty Box subscription box for only $5

 

 So I finally received my Walmart Beauty Box! I love the idea of these subscription boxes! But, I do have to say that this one left me a little less than impressed. Womp :( In fact, I hate to say this, but I probably could have picked up similar items in my dollar store for the same price of the $5 box. This box also only ships quarterly as of now, so you get one every 3 months. 

The first (and actually only) item that caught my eye was the Burt's Bees White Tea Extract Facial Cleansing Towelettes. I have actually purchased these in the past and really liked them! They smell really fresh and do a decent job removing my makeup! I'll definitely end up using these or saving them for overnight trips/ travel!

 

I also received a little trial size of Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion. Meh.. not that I hate it or have anything against it, I'm just very particular about my lotions. This will probably also end up in my travel kit (for "in a pinch" situations). 

 

Next up is this little travel sized Dove Deep Moisture Nourishing Body Wash. Meh again. I'm just not a huge fan of Dove body washes. And this one really feels like something I could have picked up in the dollar store to me. Nothing thrilling about receiving it in a subscription box. Plus, it's not like it's a brand new product most of us haven't heard of or tried before. 

 

 There was also a full sized Cover Girl lip gloss in a very unflattering frosty pink shade. Something about the color of this reminds me of an old lady. Not that there is anything wrong with old ladies... but at 28,  don't really want to look like one. It's also a very outdated shade. The whole "frosty" lip gloss look isn't really in style anymore. I feel like they kinda dropped the ball here

 

And finally... the bane of my existence... shampoo sample packets. I don't know why, but I cannot stand hair sample packets like this! They make my skin crawl. There is literally like a drop in each packet and trying to use them in the shower is never a fun ordeal. I was "lucky" enough to get not one.. but TWO different brands of hair care packet sets. One is Loreal Advanced Hair Care Color Vibrancy, with a shampoo, conditioner, and "Instant Shock Treatment", whatever that is. The second one was a John Frieda Luxurious Volume packet set of shampoo and conditioner. I've actually tried some of the John Frieda Voluminous line, and d

Over all this was a really nice subscription box for only $5! The price of the lip gloss was more than this entire box put together. This was their winter box and we are definitely looking forward to trying the spring box that should come out sometime in early March. 
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment